27/04/2010

eeeh

The undoubtedly most epic thing happened today at the gym. I'm on the crosstrainer resembling the niagra falls (with elegance. don't think less of me) and somewhere far far far beyond my blasting music I hear a voice coming from the speakers, saying something about how we're not suppose to use the elevators. Fine by me, I'll be damned if I use an elevator if I find myself below the 347th floor. Like a herd of some sort, people are starting to evacuate. I remove my headphones and hear the same voice: There is a fire in the building, please evacuate, refrain from using the elevators. Oh hale no. My first thought is: PHONE! HOUSE KEYES! I rebel and rush AGAINST the crowd into the locker rooms to grab my stuff. In the meantime, people actually rush out from the showers with towles around their waists! When finally outside, accompanied by approximately 3 kindergarden classes, naked people and sweaty dudes, a staff member gives thumbs up to go back inside. Freakshow of the highest standard I'm telling you. I don't love it when something-awesome-I'm-doing is abruptly cut off like that. I was slightly pissed and sang Cumbaya in my head all the way back up.

No comments: