04/06/2011

generalization

Here I'm sat, making love to my ever so trustworthy sangria, in the candle-essences of vanilla and "ice cream with sprinkles", thinking about Portugal and Sweden a little bit.

"I pass the open window where a noisy loud family of what has got to be at least 12 people is having the standard saturday lunch. A swedish family sounds like that during the once-a-year gathering dinner. Here, it's going on on a daily basis. They are living loud and openly, every day".

"I'm standing in line at Pingo Doce, 2 older women wildly greet each other with 2 kisses and 50 words. In Sweden, eye contact is avoided and conversations are usually struggling to move forward".

This is nothing but a generalization, yet I moved from one to the other and life suddenly bloomed around me. That's enough for me to generalize, just a little.


No comments: