01/06/2010

where words fail, music speaks.

Music can take you anywhere, everywhere, nowhere. It's the phenomenon that enables you to freely fall into the hands of the future, the past and make whatever you want to with the present. Music makes me creative and provides meaning to whatever lacks significance, if my days are big empty rooms with walls vibrating to the slightest noise, music makes it crowded and the walls bulletproof, gathers my thoughts into a play-dough of concreteness. British boys spoke to me about surfing the sun as it starts to rise, they taught me how to love music, and american boys of this century made me comfortable with my own mind and pushed me in the right direction, towards myself.

We can sprawl across the floor, staying up until its four,
make your eyes my entertainment for the night.

What would be left without it is a nothing emptier and in more pieces than a heart broken by love because it would stem from abstraction, music is separated from what makes everything unnecessarily complicated; that is why it never fails you.

Where words fail, music speaks.

1 comment:

Julie said...

*likes this*